Be Part of Us
Guide on how to apply for teaching positions
If you are interested in applying for employment at Centro Cultural Colombo Americano as an English teacher, here are our current recruitment dates and requirements.
PROSPECTIVE TEACHERS PROFILE
- Bachelor’s degree (Licenciatura), Masters’ Degree or PhD. in English/languages teaching
- Student at the tenth semester of his/her Bachelor’s Degree in EFL teaching programs (study certificate is required)
- Professionals with other college degrees who certify, at least, two years of English language teaching experience
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR COLOMBIAN TEACHERS
- Institutional application form (download application here)
- Identification card copy
- Education certificates
- Work experience/reference letters
- CEFR C1/C2 level of proficiency certificate
(Updated proficiency tests available at the Colombo Education USA Office)
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR FOREIGN TEACHERS
- Institutional application form
- Passport copy
- Education certificates
- Work experience certificates
- Work visa
- CEF C1/C2 proficiency certificate (Native speakers of English with Master’s Degree in related areas are not required to provide this certificate)
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Good interpersonal relationships
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good classroom management with primary and high school students
- Good teamwork skills
Deliver your application via:
Oficina Académica, Centro Cultural Colombo Americano
Barranquilla / Colombia
E-mail your application: email@example.com
Courses offered three (3) times a year: January, June and late November in order to take advantage of B calendar schools´vacation time and to advance the study process.
Advanced English for Adults
Daily program of 360 hours from Mondays through Fridays designed for people over 15 years old who have taken and passed the 12 levels of the “Intermediate English Program for Adults” and wish to develop any of the four communicative skills.
Intermediate English for Adolescents
Basic English on Saturdays For KidsThis is a Saturday program carried out in 340 hours designed for kids over 6 yearsThis is a Saturday program of 612 hours. Designed for children and adolescents under 15. It consists of 12 levels, 1-7 basic levels (Level CEFR A1/A2) and 8-12 intermediate levels (level CEFR B1/B2).
Join over 20.000 students enroll the Colombo Americano now
Become Part of COLOMBO AMERICANO to Further Your Career.