OOPT (OXFORD ONLINE PLACEMENT TEST)
The Oxford Placement Test is computer adaptive, which means that the test adjusts the difficulty of questions based on the student’s responses. Taking this test ensures that it gives a more precise measurement than traditional printed placement test. The results given by OOPT are depicted in both numerical and in their corresponding CEFR Level (Common European Framework of Reference) A1- A2 – B1 – B2 – C1 – C2.
This test is remotely proctored via Google Meet. Once all requirements are met, candidates will receive an e-mail attaching a detailed file about OOPT procedures. This file must be read carefully. In this mail you can also find the test date and the link to have access to our MEET videoconference. It is important to consider this fact: the minimum number of candidates to take the test in a day is 3 (three). Otherwise, the test will be rescheduled, and it will take place on the upcoming date.
What does OOPT evaluate?
English Usage: 30 questions, on average.
This section tests grammar, vocabulary and reading comprehension.
Listening comprehension: 15 questions, on average.
This section tests your ability to understand different kinds of short conversations.
How can I register?
Pay the test’s fee through the following means:
- BANCOLOMBIA SAVING ACCOUNT 404-270644-17
- From any other kind of banking accounts different from Bancolombia, transfers can be done through WOMPI
- Fill the registration form ⟮On-line registration⟯ in the following link: Click here
Add (scanned preferably):
- Identification document (both sides)
- Payment receipt
You can use this tool to convert or create your PDF file: Click Here
Wait for confirmation. This confirmation will be sent the day after your test’s registration deadline via e-mail. In case, you need further information you can call: 605 3854444 Ext. 130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
When can candidates take the test?
OOPT – VIRTUAL TEST SCHEDULES
|Month||Registration Deadlines||Test Dates|
|February||January, Friday 27th
|March||Feb, Friday 24th
|June||May, Friday 26th
|July||Jun, Friday 30th
|October||Sep, Friday 29th
|November||Oct, Friday 27th
|December||Friday 1st||Thursday 6th|
Time allowed: 70 minutes.
Since OOPT is a placement test, it does not evaluate speaking or writing skills. It does evaluate the knowledge you have about the language only.
When can candidates get their results?
Candidates will get their results via e-mail within 6 business days after taking the test. However, results are usually sent on Mondays.
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS FOR THE TEST DAY.
- 15 minutes ahead, you should join our MEET videoconference under the name you used for your registration. In case of any circumstances, you will be waited 5 more minutes once the test session had already started at 9:00 AM. If this waiting extra time is over, no more candidates will be admitted.
- Have you ID at hand so your identity can be quickly verified.
- Do not joint our MEET session using institutional or another person’s e-mail accounts. Please use your personal e-mail account so your name can be easily seen on the screen.
- You must keep your camera on during the test. Otherwise, you will not be allowed to take it.
- When on the OOPT platform, make sure you type your name correctly. Later changes cannot be made, not even by us.
- In advance, you should check your device, camera, audio set and Internet connection because Centro Colombo Americano is not responsible for any technical issue that may occur out of the OOPT platform, neither for power outages nor blackouts.
- This website oxfordenglishtesting.com should be a tab open on GOOGLE CHROME or FIREFOX for better experience.
- The Meet videoconference is for giving instructions and proctoring the test only. We, as proctors, do not have any interference on the test’s questions, answers or results. The OOPT platform will automatically score your test performance.
For further information you can either mail: email@example.com or call: 605 385 4444 Ext. 130 or 159
Join over 20.000 students enroll the Colombo Americano now
Become Part of COLOMBO AMERICANO to Further Your Career.